Monday, September 2, 2013

Statesboro Local Tournament Report 8/31 - September 2013 Format

So I initially wanted to run Sabers at this, but then I figured I'd just run Dragon Plants as it is a stronger deck and has a better comeback factor.  I came to this conclusion after a bunch of testing on Dueling Network.  Sabers just weren't able to keep up with Agents, Infernity, Blackwing, etc.... So I ran a janky version of Plant Rulers.  I will post the list after the report.

Round 1  vs Chaos Dragons
Game 1
I won this game pretty easily after taking his Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon...
Game 2
This game was all mine after his first turn.  For some reason he decided it would be a good idea to turn 1 set his Electric Virus =/  I just.....no comment......I won....

Round 2 vs Lightsworn
Game 1
He drops a tragoedia on my first attack.  I saw nothing else.  I killed him before he could do anything else.
Game 2
I finally see that he is playing Lightsworn.  He uses recharge, hits crap.  He sets a monster.  I go for big field, dracossack his facedown Ryko swing for a bit then pass.  He drops a Gorz on me but it didn't help much.  I just took it with Big Eye and used it to make a Master of Blades.....

Round 3 vs Destiny Zombie
Game 1
I open with 3 D.D.R........yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Game 2
I open with two shadow imprisoning mirrors and a hand full of dragons to his Mind Drain.  I lost

Round 4 vs X-Sabers
Game 1
He wipe the floor with me thanks to gottoms' e-cal and faultroll plays.
Game 2
I take this game pretty convincingly thanks to Star Eater.
Game 3
Star Eater again shows his head but this time he was able to drop Catastor to kill it.  I make a big Dracossack play to clear his field thanks to Mecha Phantombeast Tetherwolfs effect. Time is then called.  He has one in hand card and sits there for about 5 minutes thinking.  I ask him if there is anything he can do cause honestly I was tired of waiting, he only had 1 in hand card and no field, wasting time.  He finally summons the damn thing and it was Fulhelm knight which he kills my token brings back Fulhelm knight.  I get through that.  He makes a Bogart play with Ragigura or something.  I just know it was the last turn of the game and he had Bogart in Atk mode, Ragigura in def mode, and a dark soul.  I went into Gaia for the trample, then dropped a few other big ass monsters and swung for game cause fuck winning by time.

Round 5 vs Infernity
Game 1
I completely don't remember this game but I had final life points me at 5200 and him at 2800, then I lost.....
Game 2
I remember like using blaster to kill his Imperial Iron Wall then killing him with Star Eater attacks.  I do remember that in this game I used Return from the Different Dimension and he Bottomless'd I wanted to cry but I got my dragon searches....
Game 3
I open up with 4 Dragons and a D.D.R in my hand so I drop a first turn Dracossack.  He tried to Imperial Iron Wall me on my turn I used Trap Stun....  He couldn't get around my plays.  He didn't even touch me this game.  I do remember he used Archfiend to search Infernity Break or whatever that trap is called, but he didn't have any Infernity in the graveyard to activate it.  So I just went into a Stardust Dragon and then started killing his field.  He conceded.....


Top 8 is announced I was 5th place or something I don't know.....My friends from High School had arrived to my college town so at this point I was ready to go and started shouting to split top 8.  After I did the math everyone was okay with splitting top 8 giving everyone about $20 store credit.  So I leave and then we spend the next three hours trying to figure out what to eat until we finally go to Chilis and then mine was free.   Good day yo.....


Now for the decklist to my extra bad version of Plant Rulers or Dragon Ruler Plants  DRP whatever man idk what to call it

Traps
Return from the different dimension
Compulsory Evacuation Device
Trap Stun
Trap Stun

Spells
Sacred Sword of Seven Stars
Sacred Sword of Seven Stars
Sacred Sword of Seven Stars
D. D. R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation
D. D. R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation
D. D. R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation
Dark Hole
Gold Sarcophagus
Mystical Space Typhoon
Mystical Space Typhoon
Burial From a Different Dimension
One for One  (this was sided out almost alllllll day)
Foolish Burial

Monsters
Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms
Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms
Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms
Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls
Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls
Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls
Redox, Dragon ruler of Boulders
Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders
Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders
Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos
Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos
Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos
Effect Veiler
Effect Veiler
Effect Veiler
Spore
Dandylion
Flamvell Guard
Debris Dragon
Debris Dragon
Card Trooper
Card Trooper
Swift Scarecrow
Mecha Phantom Beast Tetherwolf
Mecha Phantom Beast Tetherwolf

Extra Deck
Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack
Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack
Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
Number 11: Big Eye
Number 74: Master of Blades
Star Eater
Armory Arm
Iron Chain Dragon (no orient dragon soooo)
Colossal Fighter
Formula Synchron
Scrap Dragon
Stardust Dragon
Crimson Blader
Red Dragon Archfiend
Black Rose Dragon


I hate the fact that my main deck was 42 cards and I still drew 3 DDR that one game......

Side deck is irrelevant cause its full of stuff for local meta, but Maxx "C" is in the side deck, its not needed at my locals to be main decked.

Any questions let me know.

My next article will be posted on Wed. and I will be teaching you all the sub-steps in the damage step since cards like Kalut, Bujin, Honest are seeing more play now......

No comments:

Post a Comment