Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Top decks for the new format

So it is now August 28, 2013.  The ban list has been known for about a week or so.  There are decks that are already starting to shine above the rest in online play as well as various locals that are already using the new format.  Right now there is a good bit of decks people are trying to play.

Here is a short list of the decks people are playing with success:

  • Plant Rulers
  • Evilswarms
  • Infernities
  • Agents 
  • Destiny Zombies
  • Mermails
  • Spellbooks
There are a few more but in the end of the day my picks for the definite top 2 of the format have to be Plant Rulers and Agents.  Both create big monsters or hard to kill monsters at a faster pace than other decks and have many outs built right into the main deck.  These two decks will definitely be seeing a lot of play this format.  Everyone wants a format where there is variety, but lets be serious this is a card game that people want to win.  They will definitely play the top decks and these two in my opinion are going to be the top two of the format as far as seeing play goes.

I want to share with you guys my current build for Plant Rulers.  I don't know if I will be playing this in real life for the simple fact that we have switched to a four month format.  I'm not sure if I will be attending any major events during the next four months that would warrant me paying for the cards I need to finish the deck.  Our local is currently only about one time per month.  I just can't justify investing in cards for a deck that I will only play four times.  Anyway on to the list.

Monsters 26
Tidal x3
Blaster x3
Reedox x3
Tempest x3
Fog King x2
Mecha Phantom Beast Tetherhawk x2
Effect Veiler x3
Spore x1
Dandylion x1
Debris Dragon x2
Lonefire blossom x1
Gorz The Emissary of Darkness x1
Flamvell Guard x1
Card Trooper x2

Spells10
Sacred Sword of The Seven Stars x3
Gold Sarcophagus x1
Dark Hole x1
D.D.R x3
One for One x1
Foolish Burial x1

Traps 2
Return from the different dimension x1
Compulsory Evacuation Device x1

No comments:

Post a Comment